iMal Core Banking
Testing & QA Case Study
A Bank in Oman embarked on an iMAL Core Banking upgrade to their systems. The Bank wanted to extensively automate the testing with automation tools and processes. As iMAL Core Banking is foundational to their operations, it was imperative to ensure that the upgrade went smoothly and that the outcome was flawless.
Specific challenges included:
- Organizing a proper overall test management process to ensure proper testing of the upgrade
- Reduce the time and cost of manual testing by adding automation testing
- Select and configure test management tools and software for users
- Device testing
- Deployable on a secure government private cloud
- Proper project tracking and project management with reporting for relevant stakeholders.
Xilligence created the overall test management process and designed the test plan.
As per the bank imperative for automation across the various testing scenarios, we extensively automated the testing process and improved overall testing velocity and reduced testing time by 40%.
In addition, the reporting procedures that we added allowed for key stakeholders to stay on top of this important upgrade at all times
- Created the test team by assessing and interviewing potential team members from inside and outside the bank.
- Selected and integrated the key software and tools needed
- Executed the automation testing for the upgrade including device compatibility testing
- Created a separate dedicated team for security testing and performed an OWASP Top 10 vulnerability scan and code review
- Set up a regular reporting structure that provided daily, weekly and monthly status reports to the Bank and its key stakeholders. This included designing dashboards to allow for immediate view of data.
- MySQL Database
- React Native
- Government Cloud Infrastructure
Xilligence Services Used
Mobile + Apps
Cloud + Web
QA + Support
Design + UI / UX