Banking DevOps QA- Case Study
DevOps Strategy For Testing Management
A Bahraini Bank needed assistance across their automation testing processes. A main problem was defects appearing in post-production in live environments even after their own testing.
They needed a proper DevOps strategy which meant assistance not only in the testing process itself, but also in the management of the process for their immediate and longer-term.
Specific challenges included
- Minimization of manual testing
- Automating the testing process
- Testing across heterogeneous environments
- Creating better reporting for key stakeholders
Other challenges included
- Identifying the appropriate tools and frameworks
- Configuring the rights workflows and implementing the necessary processes
- Lack of standardized test cases
- Unstable Test Environment
- Integrating the tools with DevOps
Xilligence met with key stakeholders and went through a detailed and comprehensive review of the various user and business requirements. From there we developed and implemented a plan to install automation tools and software as well as reporting to ensure visibility and track progress for managers.
Key Actions Taken
- Xilligence collaborated with the customer to choose appropriate automation testing tools and developed an automated testing process that integrated with their DevOps.
- Tested multiple web and device environments, including different browsers, computers, mobile web, and devices to ensure consistent, compatible, and high-quality experiences.
- Automated defect tracking reporting and dashboards created for management and leadership stakeholders.
- We worked with the client to design testing frameworks for future testing requirements for in-house or third party testing.
DevOps Testing Strategy
Xilligence provided testing services and consulting to the bank. They helped structure the automation testing process, improve processes, and provided intelligence and reporting on success criteria based on stakeholder requirements.
- Functional Testing
- Test Automation
- Compatibility Testing
- Defect Tracking and Management
- Azure DevOps
- Test Complete
- Bit Bar